The following list serves as a guideline for our requirements of children and their families. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the intake counselor at 770.967.8500.
- Intake applicants need to be ages 8-15 (Grades 3-9th) at admission
- Average age of applicants 11-14.
- Minimum IQ of 70.
- Mild to moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems.
- Must be able to function in a public school, although grades 6-9 will be served on campus at Eagle Ranch School.
- Grades 3-5 and 10-11 are served at local public school
- No current alcohol or drug dependency.
- No history of sexual offending behavior or sexual perpetration.
- No active suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation, or behavior (if history of suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation or behavior, a review of psychiatric/hospital records will determine appropriateness of placement at Eagle Ranch.)
- Average length of stay is 12 – 24 months.
- Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
- Child’s family resides within 80 miles of the Eagle Ranch campus in Georgia.
- Family involvement with the potential for reunification. Must provide home for child every other weekend, holidays and school breaks.
- Family must be willing to meet at the Ranch to participate in all counseling and parent-support group sessions.
- Child must have health insurance.