The following list serves as a guideline for our requirements of children and their families. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the intake counselor at 770.967.8500.
- Intake applicants need to be ages 8-15 (Grades 3-9*) at admission
- Average age of applicants 11-14.
- Minimum IQ of 70.
- Mild to moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems.
- Must be able to function in a public school, although grades 6-9 will be served on campus at Eagle Ranch School.
- Grades 3-5 and 10-11 are served at local public school
- No current alcohol or drug dependency.
- No history of sexual offending behavior or sexual perpetration.
- No active suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation, or behavior (if history of suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation or behavior, a review of psychiatric/hospital records will determine appropriateness of placement at Eagle Ranch.)
- Average length of stay is 18 – 24 months.
- Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
- Child’s family resides within 80 miles of the Eagle Ranch campus in Georgia.
- Family involvement with the potential for reunification. Must provide home for child every other weekend, holidays and school breaks.
- Family must be willing to meet at the Ranch to participate in all counseling and parent-support group sessions.
- Child must have health insurance.
- Eagle Ranch works with many different family situations; however, we do require involvement in our program from key family members (e.g. parents with joint custody must both be involved).
*Note for Families of Children Entering or In 9th Grade:
Because we feel it is important for children in grades 6-9 to experience the therapeutic structure of the on-campus Eagle Ranch School, we accept 9th grade students at the beginning of their 9th grade year, until January of the school year (the mid-year point). We encourage families of children approaching or in their 9th grade year to let us know of their interest in Eagle Ranch as soon as possible so they have adequate time to meet this requirement.