Your Taxes—Your Choice: Impact the Boys and Girls at Eagle Ranch.
As a taxpayer in the state of Georgia, did you know you have the ability to impact the boys and girls at Eagle Ranch through the Georgia Education Expense Tax Credit program? Since 2008, it has allowed individual, limited liability and corporate taxpayers in the state of Georgia to prepay and redirect a portion of their annual Georgia tax obligation to an independent school of their choice, such as Eagle Ranch. The tax credits are as follows:
- A single individual can redirect up to $1,000
- A married couple filing individually can redirect up to $1,250 each
- A married couple filing jointly can redirect up to $2,500
- An individual who is a member of a limited liability company (LLC), shareholder of an “S” Corporation, or partner in a partnership (pass-through entity) can redirect up to $10,000 per partner
- A “C” corporation can redirect up to 75% of their annual Georgia tax obligation
The redirected and pre-paid portion of the Georgia tax obligation is submitted to a Student Scholarship Organization (SSO) that, in turn, remits the funds to Eagle Ranch. These funds provide financial assistance to the boys and girls at Eagle Ranch School. Our SSO of choice is the Georgia Student Scholarship Organization (GaSSO).
The online portal to reserve your 2018 dollar-for-dollar tax credit through GaSSO is now open. No payment is necessary to complete the form (payment is not due until early 2018).
The secure online process takes about 3 minutes to complete and can be done in 3 easy steps:
- Determine your tax filing status (please see above).
- Have your full name, address and social security number ready (and the social security number of your spouse, if married filing jointly).
- Click here to be taken to GaSSO’s secure website to complete the form.
In January 2018, you will receive a letter from GaSSO letting you know how much funding was approved by the state of Georgia and what amount you are eligible to contribute. You will then be given a deadline to submit your contribution, which can be easily done on GaSSO’s secure website. Once your payment has been received, GaSSO will send you a confirmation of your tax credit for your records and to share with your tax preparer.
Please feel free to contact Becky Martin, Eagle Ranch Georgia Tax Credit Coordinator, with any questions you may have: (770) 861-8420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.