Eagle Ranch Director of Spiritual Life Andy Nelson discusses helpful guidelines for parents looking for advice on screen time limits for children and teens.
Andy’s Technology Top Ten:
- Technology is not destructive, how we use it can be. Warn your your child of the dangers, but don’t forget the numerous benefits.
- Never allow internet devices in a child’s room unsupervised.
- There are no secrets on their phone.
- The choice consequence model applies digitally as well.
- Do your research and make sure you fully understand the apps and websites your children are using.
- Get support. Talk about technology and parenting with others.
- Be lovingly compassionate when they make mistakes.
- Have a filter or internet monitoring system on your home wifi.
- Create clear guidelines around social media and hold them to it.