Eagle Ranch is currently seeking a Science teacher for its on-campus school (6th – 9th grade) to begin August 2020.
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Full-time. Exempt.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
1. Provides Instruction:
a. Teaches at an appropriate instructional level (individually and collectively).
b. Provides content development.
c. Builds for transfer.
d. Effectively utilizes parapro for instructional support.
2. Assesses and Encourages Student Progress:
a. Assesses individual student strengths and weaknesses.
b. Develops plan to address individual student weaknesses.
c. Promotes student engagement.
d. Monitors student progress.
e. Responds to student performance.
f. Supports students.
3. Manages the Learning Environment.
a. Uses time efficiently.
b. Maintains effective physical setting for instruction.
c. Maintains appropriate student behavior in the classroom.
d. Helps plan and facilitate activity days and field trips.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follows professional practices consistent with Eagle Ranch School and Eagle Ranch policies in working with students, students’ records, houseparents, parents, colleagues and Counselors.
- Interacts in a professional manner with students and parents
- Is available to students and parents for conferences according to Eagle Ranch policies
- Maintains confidentiality of students and students’ records
- Works cooperatively with Director of Education, Counselors, houseparents, parents and colleagues
2. Complies with Eagle Ranch School and Eagle Ranch Board of Directors policies.
- Conducts assigned classes at times scheduled
- Enforces regulations concerning student conduct and discipline
- Is punctual
- Provides adequate information, plans, and materials for substitute teacher
- Maintains accurate, complete, and appropriate records and files reports promptly
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings and activities according to Eagle Ranch School and Eagle Ranch policy
- Complies with conditions as stated in contract
3. Demonstrates professional practices in teaching.
- Models correct use of language, oral and written
- Demonstrates accurate and up-to-date knowledge of content
- Implements designated curriculum
- Maintains lesson plans as required by Eagle Ranch School policy
- Assigns reasonable tasks and homework to students
4. Acts in a professional manner and assumes responsibility for the total school program, its safety and good order.
- Takes precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assumes responsibility for supervising students in out-of-class settings
- Good character, health and emotional stability
- Christian and regularly attends church
- Organized, efficient and able to work without always having detailed instructions
- Self-motivated and takes pride in doing job well
- Attention to detail
- Self-sufficient from a technical and work ethic standpoint
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Team player
- High School Diploma
- College Degree
- Previous experience
- Teaching Certificate required
- Experience with disadvantaged/special children a plus but not required.
To apply, candidates should email their resumes to Kim Burdette or fax them to 770.967.3486 and wait to be contacted.
Feel free to review the application at this time, but please don’t submit unless you have been contacted to do so. Thank you.