Eagle Ranch is currently seeking a part-time (9:00 – 2:30 daily) para-pro for its on-campus school (6th – 9th grade) to serve in a Math classroom beginning August 2019.
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-time (28 hours/week). Non-exempt.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
1. Assists teacher in providing instruction:
- Assists in teaching at an appropriate instructional level (individually and collectively)
- Assists in providing content development
- Assists in building for transfer
2. Assists teacher in assessing and encouraging student progress:
- Assists in assessing individual student strengths and weaknesses
- Assists in developing a plan to address individual student weaknesses
- Assists in promoting student engagement
- Assists in monitoring student progress
- Assists in responding to student performance
- Assists in supporting students
3. Assists teacher in managing the learning environment:
- Assists in using time efficiently
- Assists in maintaining an effective physical setting for instruction
- Assists in maintaining appropriate student behavior in the classroom
- Assists in helping plan and facilitate activity days and field trips
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follows professional practices consistent with Eagle Ranch School and Eagle Ranch policies in working with students, students’ records, houseparents, parents, colleagues and Counselors.
- Interacts in a professional manner with students and parents
- Maintains confidentiality of students and students’ records
- Works cooperatively with Director of Education, Counselors, houseparents, parents and colleagues
2. Complies with Eagle Ranch School and Eagle Ranch Board of Directors policies.
- Reports to assigned classes at times scheduled
- Enforces regulations concerning student conduct and discipline
- Is punctual
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings and activities according to Eagle Ranch School and Eagle Ranch policy
3. Demonstrates professional practices in teaching.
- Models correct use of language, oral and written
- Assists teacher in implementing designated curriculum
4. Acts in a professional manner and assumes responsibility for the total school program, its safety and good order.
- Takes precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assumes responsibility for supervising students in out-of-class settings
- Good character, health and emotional stability
- Christian and regularly attends church
- Organized, efficient and able to work without always having detailed instructions
- Self-motivated and takes pride in doing job well
- Attention to detail
- Self-sufficient from a technical and work ethic standpoint
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Team player
- High School Diploma
If interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume to Kim Burdette or fax them to 770.967.3486.
Please wait to fill out application until you have been instructed to: