Eagle Ranch is now hiring a Girls’ Program Director – Family Renewal to begin early summer 2022.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Program
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Full-time. Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Girls’ Program Director leads and manages the girls program staff including residential and clinical team in the delivery of program services. The Girls’ Program Director, in conjunction with the Boys’ Program Director, ensures that the Family Renewal services are designed, integrated and coordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness for each child and family. The vision of Eagle Ranch’s Family Renewal Program is to heal and renew children and their families by God’s power. The Girls’ Program Director is responsible for leading the team responsible for this work in our girls’ program and strategically works with all members of the Ranch staff to ensure consistency and best practices of program. This role oversees culture to maintain health and wellbeing of the Family Renewal staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership and Development:
- Leads and manages a family renewal team of 3 houseparent couples, 3 program assistants, and 1 counselor in the delivery of homelife, clinical, experiential, and group development services in the girls’ program.
- Provides spiritual insight and direction to staff and ensures the program applies Christ-centered focus to services provided.
- Supervises the hiring, orientation, and on-going support of the members of the Girls’ Family Renewal Team and oversees culture and strategies to sustain and retain staff.
- Executes performance development plans with staff to develop capacity, capabilities and the accomplishments of specific goals. Recommends programs to insure the emotional and physical vibrancy of the family renewal team.
- Creates and implements contingency plans to cover short-term and long-term family renewal staff absences.
- Provides continuous support to ensure continuity and consistency of Family Renewal Program.
- Through the clinical assessment process and staff evaluation process, provides a feedback mechanism to move Eagle Ranch to best practices in child/family care.
- Creates and manages annual operating budget for the Girls’ Family Renewal Program.
- Provides oversight of compliance with the regulations of the Office of Regulatory Services.
- Works collaboratively with Directors, School Staff, Counselors, Houseparents, Administrative Staff, etc. on a regular basis to ensure effective communication and appropriate delivery of family renewal services.
- Works closely with Director of Spiritual Life and Director of Education to ensure that the delivery of the Spiritual Life and Education components are cohesive and integrated within the framework of the Family Renewal Program.
- Maintains open communication with the Senior Director of Program on the current effectiveness of services provided as it relates to the mission, vision, and beliefs of the program.
- Provides supervisory oversight for 12 to 16 residents and their families.
- Ensures the family renewal program is designed, integrated, and coordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness in a safe and positive learning environment that meets each child and family’s defined goals.
- Develops therapeutic initiatives to improve the effectiveness of treatment to children and families at Eagle Ranch and to expand the reach and scope of Eagle Ranch programs.
- Leverages continued care to provide a post-residential continuum of care for children and families that have finished the residential phase of Eagle Ranch.
- Collaborates with Continued Care Counselor and Admissions Counselor to stay apprised of intake needs and changes with referral sources and families.
- Manage and teach Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training for childcare staff
- Coordinates with Senior Director of program to establish qualifications for children and families who are accepted into the Family Renewal Program and direction of the childcare staff to ensure compliance with the mission statement and increase placement success.
- Directs and assists in the delivery of individual, group, family counseling and education provided to residents as it relates to their personal, emotional, social, and academic development.
- Mature and growing Christian actively involved in a community church.
- Strives to maintain a close, daily walk with God.
- Skilled in affirming, developing, and managing people.
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative and action in their work.
- Passion for continuous improvement and growth.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and highly approachable.
- Excellent character, health, and emotional stability.
- Teachable spirit and willingness to seek counsel.
- Open to the ideas and thoughts of others – appropriate flexibility.
- Master’s degree or higher in management, counseling, social work, education, or related discipline; or, at least 5 years management experience in residential care.
- Educated in or has experiential knowledge in the value of therapy, group development, education, and the spiritual “journey” in a residential setting with children and their families.
- Experience in leading/managing supervisors and staff in residential Christ-centered organizations preferred.
- Experiential knowledge in leadership and strategic planning.
- Experiences in development and implementation of plans to build a program leading to significant results within a high-performance organization.
- Capable of providing a vision for the family renewal program at Eagle Ranch that will take the program to their next level of service and excellence.
- Must live on Eagle Ranch in provided housing and be available to assist houseparents in emergency situations or when houseparents need assistance in residential homecare.
To apply, candidates should email their resume and cover letter to the attention of Wade Pearce, Senior Director of Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait to be contacted. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Click to view the official Girls’ Program Director Job Description.