Eagle Ranch is now hiring a Communications Manager to begin late summer 2022.
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time. Exempt.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Communications Manager shares the Eagle Ranch mission through stories and content that encourages, inspires, and informs. You will work closely with Eagle Ranch’s Director of Communications and the Communications team to help lead the Ranch’s marketing and communications efforts to raise public awareness of Eagle Ranch through online and offline channels.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications in planning and executing communications strategies.
- Lead online communications for Eagle Ranch:
- Maintain social media accounts, including content creation and curation, for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Develop and publish content for bi-monthly email newsletter.
- Monitor the website and regularly update content and images.
- Develop ideas and create content for marketing materials such as newsletters, event invitations, brochures, donor gifts, giveaway items, apparel, and various other collateral. Take lead on specific publication projects as needed throughout the year.
- Plan and bring to life promotional events to help support fundraising efforts and to keep the organization top of mind in the local community. Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors and more. Lead all planning and marketing efforts for our annual Run the Ranch event.
- Work with team to develop and execute content management strategy.
- Conduct interviews with children, staff, families, alumni, donors, and others as needed to develop content.
- Film and edit short videos for use on social media and the Eagle Ranch website.
- Support overall advertising efforts, including print advertising, billboards, radio and video.
- Post and monitor all employment advertising. Advise on how to best advertise for each position. Assist with candidate selection as needed.
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing impact of communications campaigns and strategies.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
- Mature and growing Christian.
- An analytical mind and ability to think both critically and creatively.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with high attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work without specific instructions.
- Ability to balance need for detail and accuracy with a need for timely and efficient processes.
- Flexible: ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Teachable spirit and willingness to seek counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field.
- Five or more years of experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Experience/familiarity with social media, video and online content creation tools, such as WordPress, video editing software, Adobe Suite.
- Experience/familiarity with website, search engine and social media analytic tools.
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing best practices.
- Nonprofit experience helpful.
To apply, candidates should email their resume and cover letter to the attention of Stefanie Long, Director of Communications, at email@example.com and wait to be contacted. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.