Eagle Ranch has an opening for a full-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will actively manage daily accounting and financial operations, manage IT requirements, assist with risk management and manage the Human Resources function.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounting and Financial Operations:
- Manage full-time accounting manager and part-time assistant.
- Become proficient with Blackbaud accounting software and provide backup to accounting manager as needed.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Develop the annual operating budget, review in detail with the Finance Committee and submit to Board of Directors for approval.
- Manage the annual budget.
- Report on financial results and issues to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain financial and business policies, controls, and reporting procedures (internal).
- Ensure that financial and business activities comply with federal, state, and local agency requirements (external).
- Assure proper financial checks and balances in place and assist in the process.
- Responsible for cash management activities.
- Responsible for timely and successful audit of Eagle Ranch and Eagle Ranch Foundation.
- Manage external audit relationship and engagement.
Manage Technology Requirements:
- Manage relationship with IT service provider.
- In conjunction with IT service provider, meet periodically with staff directors to ensure that current issues are addressed and to determine future needs.
- Ongoing interaction with part-time IT staff.
Identify and Manage Risk:
- Manage complete commercial insurance program including workers’ compensation.
- Keep insurance broker appraised of any change in facilities or programs.
- With guidance from the Finance Committee ensure appropriate insurance coverage.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and staff directors, identify threats to the Ranch and develop responses to mitigate risk.
Manage Human Resources Function:
- Oversee Human Resources and benefits function.
- In conjunction with senior management, provide recruiting, screening and hiring policies and support.
- General oversight of employee evaluation process.
- Maintain and periodically revise personnel policy manual.
- Ensure compliance with all existing legal and government reporting requirements that deal with employees.
- Mature and growing Christian.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in their work.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Teachable spirit and willingness to seek counsel.
- Open to the ideas and thoughts of others – appropriate flexibility.
- BBA in accounting/finance; CPA or MBA preferable.
- At least three years of financial management experience at a controller or CFO level, preferably with human resources and risk management experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and fund accounting.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting software packages; Blackbaud experience preferable.
To apply, candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Bob Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait to be contacted. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Feel free to review the application at this time, but please don’t submit unless you have been contacted to do so. Thank you.