Become A Houseparent
If you have a desire to work with youth and families in a Christian community, Houseparenting at Eagle Ranch may be the right fit for you.
Houseparenting is a unique opportunity for married couples who are looking for meaningful work that impacts the lives of children and families. In this paid, mission-oriented position, Houseparents live in a home with up to 7 children who need guidance as they work within our program toward reunification with their families.
Am I Qualified to Become a Houseparent?
We are looking for married couples who desire to work together to invest in the lives of children and families in crisis. Eagle Ranch provides full training and support to become a Houseparent, so no prior experience is necessary. We have had Houseparents from a wide variety of backgrounds: teachers, youth pastors, nurses, couples who considered fostering or adoption, and even former business executives who wanted their next chapter in life to further impact God’s Kingdom. Our ideal Houseparents have:
- A passion to work with children and their families
- A calling to work in ministry with their spouse (must be married for at least 3 years and have no more than 2 children living at home)
- A heart for God, a willingness to be open and honest in relationships, and a desire to grow and be challenged
Houseparent Job Description
Eagle Ranch Houseparents help children develop emotional skills by creating a structure-nurture balance that is reinforced through daily life examples. It is an opportunity to partner with families and give practical guidance on how to have a healthier family life.
You will assist the Eagle Ranch program as part of a team to provide care for up to seven children. Working alongside a Program Assistant and under the guidance of a licensed Counselor, you will help create a safe, stable environment where children can work on their issues and practice new behaviors.
- Meaningful work in a Christ-centered community
- Ongoing training and professional support
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Live on a beautiful wooded 315-acre campus (watch a campus tour)
- On-campus gym, fitness center, pool, tennis courts, equine center and other recreational activities
- Supportive community of like-minded individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
Interested in learning more about houseparenting?
Ready To Apply?
Couples should email their professional resumes with a cover letter (please include age and gender of any dependent children) to John Cunnings, Director of Homelife, and we will contact you soon. In your cover letter, please list where you heard about the Houseparent position.