Eagle Ranch is now hiring an Admissions Assistant.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Program
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Full-time.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Admissions Assistant receives, screens, and documents initial inquiries pertaining to admissions. Provides referral information for candidates who do not meet admissions criteria. Initiates candidates’ files in the BestNotes database. Receives and uploads documentation for candidates into BestNotes database. Communicates regularly with Admissions Counselor about specific age and grade level openings.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers and screens both phone and email inquiries to determine which candidates and families meet the admissions criteria for Eagle Ranch.
- Provides referrals to candidates and/or families not appropriate for Eagle Ranch to other agencies.
- Sends online application instructions to parent(s)/guardian(s) and requests necessary documentation to accompany candidate’s file (e.g., school records, admissions referral forms, and custody paperwork). In addition, sends PIQ surveys and required videos to families.
- Uploads candidate documentation as it is sent in by email, fax, and regular mail.
- Assists parent(s)/guardian(s) by requesting documentation from agencies that require an agency-to-agency request.
- Alerts Admissions Counselor and parent(s)/guardian(s) when a candidate’s file is complete and is being transferred to the Admissions Counselor. Compiles information in a form of a file review.
- Sets up First Family Interviews and Placement meetings with families. Creates “Welcome Boxes” for accepted families for placement, as well as maintain inventory of items needed for the boxes.
- Manages GOAL documentation reminders for the Admissions Counselor.
- Understands FACTS and how to assist families through the process.
- Good character, health, emotional stability, and team focus.
- Committed follower of Jesus.
- Ability to discern needs regarding family situations in assessing for admissions.
- Patient. Good listener. Able to talk at length via telephone with potentially upset, angry, or frustrated parents/guardians.
- Ability to empathize with hurting families while holding clear boundaries when Eagle Ranch is not an appropriate placement.
- Organized. Good records keeper.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in the field of social work or psychology preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in customer service required.
- Some experience in a counseling or social work setting preferred.
- Able to type and use personal computer word-programs and other office equipment.
- Good communicator. Must be personable and able to assist people in crisis situations.
- Manages multiple tasks simultaneously.
To apply, candidates should email their resume and cover letter to the attention of Wade Pearce, Senior Director of Program, at email@example.com and wait to be contacted. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.