- Intake applicants need to be ages 8-15 (Grades 3-9*) at admission
- Average age of applicants 11-14.
- Minimum IQ of 75.
- Mild to moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems.
- Must be able to function in a public school setting. Grades 3-5 and 10-11 are served off campus through Hall County School District. Grades 6-9 are served on campus at Eagle Ranch School.
- No current alcohol or drug dependency.
- No history of sexual offending behavior or sexual perpetration.
- No active suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation, or behavior (if history of suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation or behavior, a review of psychiatric/hospital records will determine appropriateness of placement at Eagle Ranch.)
- Average length of stay is 24 months.
- Child’s family resides within 80 miles of the Eagle Ranch campus in Georgia.
- Family involvement with the goal of reunification. Must provide home for child every other weekend, holidays and school breaks.
- Family must be willing to meet at the Ranch to participate in all counseling and parent-support group sessions.
- Child must have health insurance.
- Eagle Ranch works with many different family situations; however, we do require involvement in our program from key family members (e.g. parents with joint custody must both be involved).
*For Families of Children Entering or In 9th Grade:
Because we feel it is important for children in grades 6-9 to experience the therapeutic structure of the on-campus Eagle Ranch School, we accept 9th grade students only at the beginning of their 9th grade year. Therefore, the admissions process must be completed before the 9th grade year starts. Applications will need to be received by May 31st to allow time for our admissions process to be completed.
We encourage families of children approaching their 9th grade year to let us know of their interest in Eagle Ranch as soon as possible so they have adequate time to meet this requirement.