- Intake applicants need to be ages 8-17 at admission. We have limited space available for 10th and 11th grade students*
- Average age of applicants is 11-14.
- Minimum IQ of 75.
- Mild to moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems.
- Grades 3-5 and 10-11 are served through a hybrid educational program that consists of an online curriculum and in-person teachers. Grades 6-9 are served face-to-face at Eagle Ranch School.
- No history of sexual offending behavior or sexual perpetration.
- No active suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation, or behavior (if history of suicidal or homicidal threats, ideation or behavior, a review of psychiatric/hospital records will determine appropriateness of placement at Eagle Ranch.)
- Average length of stay is 24 months.
- Child’s family resides within 80 miles of the Eagle Ranch campus in Georgia.
- Family involvement with the goal of reunification. Must provide home for child every other weekend, holidays and school breaks.
- Family must be willing to meet at the Ranch to participate in all counseling and parent-support group sessions.
- Child must have health insurance.
- Eagle Ranch works with many different family situations; however, we do require involvement in our program from key family members (e.g. parents with joint custody must both be involved).
*For Families of Children in 10th or 11th Grade:
We have limited space available for 10th and 11th grade students. There is additional criteria that is specific to this age group which narrows our parameters for admission (including but not limited to: very mild cases, truancy, anxiety, depression, and minimal behavioral issues).
Children in this age group must complete one of two on-ramps during the admissions process due to semester start/end dates and high school credits:
- Deadline for completing admissions for August is June 30.
- Deadline for completing admissions for January is November 30.
We encourage families of children approaching their 10th or 11th grade year to let us know of their interest in Eagle Ranch as soon as possible so they have adequate time to meet this requirement.